Daily Prepper News (Pg. 13)

  • Elderberry Recipes That Will Keep You Healthy All Winter
    by Steve Nubie on October 22, 2019 at 9:00 pm

    As always, I’m going to start this article with the standard caveat: Be very careful whenever you harvest a natural or wild fruit or berry. Only 10 percent of wild berries are safe to eat. Unfortunately, the other 90 percent are toxic — and some like belladonna or deadly nightshade are downright poisonous. Unfortunately, this ... The post Elderberry Recipes That Will Keep You Healthy All Winter appeared first on Off The Grid News.

  • Preparing Your Wood Stove For Winter.
    by Steve Nubie on October 22, 2019 at 8:01 pm

      I have three wood-burning stoves: a wood-burning cook stove in the kitchen of my cabin, a box stove with a glass door in the living room, and a boxwood, cast iron stove in the garage. I’ve learned that some general inspections and maintenance can go a long way toward preventing problems when the weather ... The post Preparing Your Wood Stove For Winter. appeared first on Off The Grid News.

  • 8 Obvious-But-Overlooked Ways Our Grandparents Survived Tough Times
    by Kathy Bernier on October 21, 2019 at 9:15 pm

    Hard times are nothing new. They have come and gone throughout the centuries, and people have dealt with difficulties as best they can. Amid catastrophic weather, crop failures, job loss and personal injuries—all of which often lead to economic disaster—our grandparents made it through some of the worst of times. Here are a few money-saving ... The post 8 Obvious-But-Overlooked Ways Our Grandparents Survived Tough Times appeared first on Off The Grid News.

American Preppers Network National family survival and preparedness organization